A large number of people suffer with chronic or acute sinus infections, these are very common especially leading up to the summer months when there is increased pollen count.
In autumn and winter there is also an increase of coughs and colds in people with an increased risk to the elderly and children. When these symptoms occur we tend to treat with medical antibiotics, cough medicines, and flu vaccines. When a person gets a cough or a cold, ie runny nose etc. or sinus infection this is the body trying to eliminate toxins from the system but when we take medicines these just suppress this action and thus they tend to come over and over again.
Here are the tip to fight colds, cough, sinu, hay fever and boost your immune system:
- Acupuncture is a simple and effective way to clear away stubborn phlegm and alleviate pain and pressure. It help opens the sinus passages creating more drainage and decreasing chances of bacterial infection. It boosts the immune system’s production of natural killer cells for up to 3 days after each treatment, among many other things that help improve immunity, such as reducing inflammation and stimulating blood and lymph circulation. It’s so, so amazing at building immunity so that you can avoid colds, flus, and lingering coughs and infections.
- Local organic honey mixed with organic garlic and organic lemon. Just chop the garlic and mix together with the honey and lemon and mix until the same consistency as a gravy ant take. Two teaspoon spoon every day and watch the symptoms of coughing sneezing sinus infection disappear in a matter of days. Organic local honey is by far the best natural antibiotic one can take and if you start taking it in the winter months regularly you will reduce the symptoms of hay fever, sinus infection, red eyes etc.
- Sleep like it’s your job. Getting at least 7 hours per night of sleep is the single most impactful action you can take to improve your immunity, energy level, mood, and overall health. (Not to mention that it’s totally free!) The more sleep before midnight you get, the better the quality, and the more positive the health outcomes. A few things you can do to improve sleep are cutting out the caffeine; turning off all electrical devices and screens 1 hour before sleep time; and doing a writing exercise 30 minutes before bedtime where you simply write down everything that’s on your mind. Try it!If you haven’t been sleeping enough or have a couple of nights of insomnia or staying out late, you can add in daily meditation sessions, which will also boost your immune system and increase antibodies.
- Anti-inflammatory diet. A nutritious diet can not only decrease inflammation in your system, but also boost your immunity to bacteria that can lead to sinus infections. Also, there are foods that can unclog nasal passages and ease your breathing. Just as we would put the right kind of gas into a car to ensure it runs well, the food you put in your body can be tailored to your needs to help you feel your best. Let’s start by identifying the foods to avoid if you’re suffering from inflammation:
- Processed Sugar, also labeled as fructose or sucrose, are packed into favorite desserts such as pastries and chocolate bars, as well as sodas and fruit juices.
- Foods high in saturated fat, such as pizza and cheese, as well as meat products, pasta dishes, full-fat dairy products and grain-based desserts can trigger adipose, or fat tissue, inflammation.
- MSG, or mono-sodium glutamate, is present in fast foods, canned/processed soup mixes, salad dressing, Asian foods and soy sauce, as well as deli meats.
- Excess Omega-6 Fatty acids, not to be confused with omega-3 fatty acids, are found in oils such as “corn, safflower, sunflower, grapeseed, soy, peanut, and vegetable; mayonnaise; and many salad dressings,” according to the Arthritis Foundation.
- Gluten and Casein can be found in foods like wheat, rye, barley, and dairy products.
Refined Carbohydrates, such as instant mashed potatoes, and processed white flour products as well as cereals can be the culprits behind your inflammation.
Doing this along with Acupuncture will help treat many chronic illnesses and reoccurring infections be it chest infections or skin conditions. We must do everything to prepare our families, boost our immune systems, and have effective, natural treatments at the ready.
To Your Health and Wellnes,